Sunday, December 5, 2010

Life's metaphors are God's instructions.



Black basic romper from Victoria's Secret/ Grey asymmetrical cardigan, thrifted/ Necklace from F21/ Leopard print belt from Topshop

So basically I've been finding the all cliche and not so fanciful shots in toilet delightful cause the mirror allows me to see myself before I smile hahaha it does make sense right? A random day out with my cousins, embracing he children memories in me, picking up noddy along the push carts and reminiscing those days I use to eat Noddy cup noodles, and expecting a nice toy in return. Actually it wasn't about the toy that I was excited about, it was the surprise and anticipation which got me all perked up. Besides that, I spent some time at the children's section in borders reading through some books I grabbed. One of which is a book called " What should I wear today" by Fifi Lapin, one of the cutest, most interesting and insightful fashion books I've ever come across with all the sketches in bunnies and cartoon characters depicting styles like Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Anna Sui etc. I never knew that Audrey Hepburn was a big fan of Givenchy, and another Audrey-Hepburn-know-it-all fan would have known that. There were many interesting details inside,and I found the :

"How to smile in front of a camera" section pretty helpful.

For example, the Olsen twins are said to say "Prunes" instead of "Cheese" in front of the paparazzi cameras, which results in their signature pouty smiles.

For a non-smiling look which Kate Moss tends to give, she places her tongue in between her teeth behind her lips.

Set your gaze beyond the camera, focus on something in the distance to give a more natural look.

If the camera is at your eye level or below, lower your chin a little.

To appear slimmer in a full-length shot, turn your body partially sideways to the camera, with one foot in front of the other. Point your toe to the camera and place your weight on your back foot. Now gently rotate your shoulders towards the front.

Relax! Holding your breath will only make you appear uptight and awkward, so remember to breathe.


Hope it was helpful! You should go to the bookstore or the library to check this book out cause they provide more then just these simple tips. I jot down a few so maybe I can share them with you in the next post. Oh by the way, I did my nails today, it was meant to be sweet blue and then it turned warm purple, I'm really digging this colour, its so pleasant to the eyes hehe, and also all the sacrifice I've made to leave my nails long has paid off especially when they can be so nicely shaped now, the attendant offered to help me do a 'round-square-round' nail shape, and I'm glad I took her advice. Alright, its 4 am now and I'm really tired, so this is just going to be a short post. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment